Wednesday, April 23, 2008

habitable wall...andy warhol

My first sketchmodel was litterally one wall. I thought if I drew out all the spaces that I needed then some idea would come to me and it kind of did.

In this sketchmodel I decided to take a plan and praise some parts to create more depth in my habitable wall.

My first scale model started out with this curve. For some reason I wanted to challenge myself and add curves because my client, Andy Warhol, thougth outside the box also.






I was actually pretty proud of my final model. I added these colors because they were the colors that Warhol used in his painting of Marilyn Monroe that was pretty popular. I decided to keep the curve because I liked the feel it gave.


I added the columns for support and also because I wanted something different that wasnt your average model.



I loved this picture while I was photographing my model. It is my scale figure in Warhols private, downstairs space.

No comments: